Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Food






Hi there. I'd like to show you a bit about the food here in Japan. There are many varieties, not just Sushi and Ramen. Many foods can be found on the street. I recently stopped by an area called Osu, and checked out the many restaurants and food stands. There's a snack called Tonmusu that is basically rice wrapped in pork strips that were cooked in soy sauce. You can order them with cheese and other toppings. It is delicious, but very greasy. I can tell you it's better than anything I get at McDonald's, though. I also took a movie of people making Takoyaki, which is basically octopus with a crispy fried shell, shaped into a ball, and Taiyaki, which is a pancake-like batter shaped into a fish (don't know why) with a sweet bean paste filling. These last two foods are served everywhere in Japan, especially at festivals.

Last, but not least, I just went to a restaurant that served Matsusaka beef, which is on the same tier as the Kobe variety. It is very flavorful, due to its high content of fat and smooth texture. Unfortunately, you can't buy Japanese beef in the States because the Gov't banned it due to a Mad Cow outbreak 10 years ago, so you will have to travel in order to experience it. There are many more foods That Japan offers, of course, but I hope this piques your interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment